Friday, November 9, 2012

Friday Reflection

Another busy week is coming to an end. It is leading into a very busy weekend - my daughter's 3rd birthday party, household chores & laundry, field trip with Friday Night Live chapter at the high school I teach at. Some days, I wonder "What the heck am I doing?" yet being busy actually energizes me. Connecting with people is what I love to do. I learn so much from others and love to hear their life stories. My husband always laughs at me because I am always able to get someone to open up to me.
This is probably why I have been able to commit to Team in Training to train & work out. The men and women I have met while training have become part of my social circle. We may only be together for a few hours each week, walking and trying to speed up our paces.  Yet in those hours, I have learned so much about each of those people. I actually look forward to my Saturday workouts, even  when I know we are going into double digit mileage for that training session. It gives me an opportunity to feed my social meter while increasing my fitness.
So if you are having a hard time committing to a fitness activity, try taking a friend along. Or join a training group to meet new people. Or better yet, find a cause you are passionate about and join a training team that can help fundraiser for that cause. You may be pleasantly surprised that you may actually LIKE working out =)

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment